Monday, October 29, 2012

Our visit to The Country Club of Virginia!


Sorry for the Delay! I've been having technical difficulties and didn't want to do this post until I could get the pictures from my phone onto the computer. I can't get them to email, but will post them at a later time if I do figure it out.

We met with Anne and Kevin (Manager and Professional Development Specialist) last Tuesday to take a full tour of The Country Club of Virginia and learn how this facility functions as a community.

There were 15 original members and now there are about 7,400. To become a member you either have to already be apart of a family who's enrolled or you can gain sponsorship. There's an extensive 3 step process required to obtain membership, and an initial fee of $35,000 per member. On average the typical family pays about $550 a month to belong.

The club is very proud of their culture which consists of a cohesiveness between members and staff, long tenured employees, shared vision, shared values, and "walking the same walk, and talking the same talk."

Kevin shared a 4 minute video with us which featured the Bangles "walk like an Egyptian." This mainly displayed the staff striking an Egyptian pose, a few members partook also. It was supposed to reflect how the staff enjoys their jobs and the good relationship between them and members.  

The images above are info cards for the staff (which is very diverse). There are about 250 full time employees and 500 altogether.

No comments:

Post a Comment